Should we change the HedgeDoc default for breaks from `true` to `false`?

If I read it correctly it means “If I create a new document, then set this as the default”

Well this poll was open for a bit over two weeks now and it seems there isn’t much happening anymore. So I’ll close the poll.

The community is rather split, but I guess the suggestion of @davidmehren is the way to go:

Keep breaks: true as the default, but let power users create notes with breaks: false

So the vote went in ‘my’ favor, but I still see really good reasons for the other position.

How about having breaks as a global HedgeDoc option, in addition to YAML override? Since each user seems very likely to maintain their preference of true or false, this would allow a possibly YAML-free experience that everyone could be happy with…

Something like this was proposed by @davidmehren . If a user created a document then the favorite breaks option will be inserted into the yaml frontmatter. You can’t ignore the frontmatter and only use a user preference because then the document rendering would produce different outputs for different users.
However ideas like this are implementation details.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for participating!

We will now continue the technical discussion in https://github.com/hedgedoc/hedgedoc/issues/59