A question about usage guideline of logo

Hello.

I have a question on usage guideline of logo.

On the guideline , there are these text:

You may use The HedgeDoc Logo to identify your HedgeDoc installation if you have not made any modifications to HedgeDoc itself. You are of course allowed to make modifications, but then you MUST remove our Logo as it is no longer HedgeDoc. Modifications to HedgeDoc here are defined as those which would would require you to provide them in source form to any user who asks under the license of the AGPLv3.

So… how do I develop HedgeDoc? Strictly interpreted, developing HedgeDoc (fixing bugs, add features, etc) are “make modifications”. Then, if I want to develop HedgeDoc, should I remove all logos first? Also, I can’t test modified one with team (ex. friends) unless remove logos?

I understand what the core team want to limit/allow (for good branding like NextCloud, isn’t it?), but I think these text is a bit concerned for me.
Well, for example, NC has similar guideline. But it is for their business and trademarks, and NC is company-driven rather than community-driven.
HedgeDoc is community-driven project, so just copying their limitation is not suitable, I think.

Do you have any ideas or opnions on this? Or am I wrong?

Thank you, and I’m sorry for my bad English.

Hi,

Maybe we should have described “installation” a bit more precise. We mean public instances, that people see and relate to us. Not developers.
The purpose of this phrase is, that we don’t want to be connected to public HedgeDoc versions that are heavily changed and contain bugs that we can’t fix or feature that we don’t offer.

1 Like

Hello.
Thank you for your reply.

Maybe we should have described “installation” a bit more precise.

I agree, it looks better (at least for me).

We mean public instances, that people see and relate to us. Not developers.

Thank you for clarifying. I relieved.

Don’t worry. Nobody will sue you because you test your pull request with some friends. :wink: