German Spell Check and Auto Suggestions

My version of CodiMD is: GWDG-Pad

What I expected to happen:

1. I wish to have spell check in German language.

2. I wish to have automatic suggestions for correct words, when I click on an incorrect word.

What actually happened:

I cannot find both of the options mentioned above.

I already tried:

Googling an answer. There were some suggestions of json-scripts, but I didn’t know how to involve them into the code of my Gwdg-pad and I didn’t know, if they’d work.

Hello @hedge_doctor27,

welcome to the community.

This is currently not possible as HedgeDoc only supports an english spellchecker. In this issue we track the development for a better spellchecker support in 2.0.

I’m very curious what solutions you found through google. Maybe you could link them here?

Greetings
DerMolly

Achso, ja klar:

https://github.com/hedgedoc/react-client/issues/479

https://github.com/hedgedoc/react-client/issues/460

Ich weiß nicht mal, ob das überhaupt richtige Solutions sind, kann ich leider noch nicht beurteilen, weil ich ein totaler Anfänger bin … Hoffe, ich habe da jetzt keinen groben Unfug gepostet.

Viele Grüße
hd27

Translation:
Yeah, sure:

Tbh I don’t even know, wether they are real solutions, I just can’t tell, because I’m kind of a beginner … Hope, I didn’t embarrass myself with those links.

Greetings
hd27

Hi. Same problem here in France. We would like to migrate from codimd to hedgedoc but we are stuck by the absence of spell check. Is it at least possible to deactivate hedgedoc spell check entirely to be able to use the browser’s integrated spell checker ?

Hi,

disabling the built-in English spellcheck is possible by clicking the hardly visible “check”-icon in the right half of the status bar at the bottom of the editor.

In the following screenshot it’s the left-most icon.

It probably varies by browser but at least in my Firefox I can right-click the editor and select “Check spelling” in the context menu. In Chrome, the LanguageTool add-on works in the editor as well.

Still, we’re keeping this in mind for 2.0.