Image sharing from Android

Hey guys,

Now that we have a Discourse instance, I can use it to show off a tool that I wrote a while back for Android: CodiMD image sharing.

Basically, it is an app which allows you to use your own (or somebody else’s) CodiMD instance to save your images (or videos; CodiMD doesn’t care what you upload). This way you don’t have to rely on third party services like Imgur. :smiley:

https://github.com/dsprenkels/codimd-image-share

Nice! I think @amenthes is interested in this as he initiated (please correct me if I’m wrong) a project called SnapMD in the CodiMD organisation.

Maybe you can put your forces together and provide some awesome Android app :slight_smile:

Looking forward to see those projects evolving :rocket:

I would totally join forces! My only problem is that I am spreading my spare time super thing already so I’m not really adding any force any time soon. This is also why I didn’t publish SnapMD so far.

I don’t really like Android as a development platform. This little project was to check out how much has changed since 10 years; and I feel development on Android did not get better during that time.

Grab my code if you like (it’s not very good), but I think I will be trying to stay away from more Android development myself.