Maximum size reached

Hello,

I have reached the maximum size, any tweak to add more space on a single page ? :slight_smile:

Thanks a lot,
Pascal

Hello @pistou79 and welcome to the HedgeDoc community!

If you’re running your own HedgeDoc server, you can change the maximum length for notes using the config option documentMaxLength (environment variable CMD_DOCUMENT_MAX_LENGTH).

The default maximum length is set to 100k characters for performance reasons. The longer a single note is, the longer it may take to process realtime updates.

In case you’re not running your own HedgeDoc server, there’s no other option than to split up your note into several new ones.

1 Like

Hello Erik,

thnaks for your prompt reply.

I’m running Hedgedoc through Cloudron and I could not find the variable somewhere… any process description for noobs in that kind of development ?

Thanks a lot

I ran into the size limit for the first time a few days ago, good to know that I can change the limit for my server.

When I think about it, it would be great to have an “intelligent” link feature that would group additional notes under the main note to make everything more manageable. If you reach the size limit, HedgeDoc may offer to create a linked note rather than a separate single note.

You can edit /app/data/config.json in Cloudron’s HedgeDoc install to add custom settings. HedgeDoc - Cloudron Docs