Reset password in v2?

Hi,

I have a quick question, does v2 support user password change?

Thanks for your help :slight_smile:

Cheers!

Hey @pierreozoux,

yeah, thatā€˜s already implemented.

Greetings
DerMolly

1 Like

As I reread the title of this post Iā€˜m a bit confused and would like to clarify @pierreozoux: you mean I password change as in I know my password and would like a new one? Because thatā€˜s implemented. The alternative ā€œI forgot my password and would like a new one, pleaseā€ is not supported and probably wonā€˜t be, because we donā€˜t necessarily have emailā€˜s of users in 2.0 and we wonā€˜t be able to send emails anyway.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, it was my feeling reading quickly the code :slight_smile:

Hello! In case some user would loose his/her password, how can we reset it? Because he/she cannot anymore create a new account with the same email address to erase the old one sadlyā€¦

Hello @EgonHeuson,

first of all welcome to the community forum.

It seems to me your question is something new and not related to the rest in this thread. In the future please create new topic in cases like this.

To answer your question:
Iā€™m assuming your using HedgeDoc 1 and the email auth method. In this case you should be able to change the user password via the cli tool in bin/manage_users.

Greetings,
DerMolly

My apologies. I found it was somehow related and didnā€™t want to create a thread for such ā€œsmallā€ issue :slight_smile:
Yes Iā€™m on 1.9.6. But using docker. Therefore, do you know how I can access the CLI tool? I created a local folder for HedgeDoc database and config. I maybe can simply use the script?
Thank you VERY much for your fast answer :slight_smile:

And thank you very much for your welcome :smiling_face:
Have a nice evening (or day, or night)

This should be helpful /bin/manage_users is not working inside Docker Ā· Issue #2456 Ā· hedgedoc/hedgedoc Ā· GitHub

Thanks! Iā€™ll have a look :slight_smile: