Trying to solve a good first issue in hedgedoc

My version of HedgeDoc is: 1.x

What I expected to happen:
I’m currently trying to solve this issue in gitlab:

or an easy first issue if you have anything to give to me ty.

What actually happened:
I don’t know where exatly is implemented the auto-scrolling method in the code.

I already tried:
searching with vscode

thank you for reading me.

Hey @GGH-WeyboZetO,

I understand your question like this: you are trying to fix this in the HedgeDoc 1.x codebase and need assistance with where to find the code that handles this.

Assuming this is your question, please be aware that

• We don’t really work on non-critical bugfixes for HD1 anymore, because as stated in the README this version is in maintenance-only mode, so even if you provide a PR that fixes this problem we won’t necessarily merge it anytime soon.
  • The HD1 code is fairly messy and very entangled. Changes in one part of the code may yield to unexpected consequences elsewhere. We don’t really recommend working with that if not absolutely necessary.

If you read this and still want to work on this afaik the scroll-sync code is here.

If you just want to work on HedgeDoc 2.0, it’s currently a bit complicated as we try to finish everything for a first alpha release, but something that should be rather easy - complexity wise - would be the different auth providers that are still missing from HedgeDoc. See this issue.

Greetings
DerMolly

Hello, I have seen that bug from 1.x was not fixed for the v2.0 thus I thought It would be relevant since fixing it on v1.x would be the same fix for v2.0.

Although I would be glad to help for that HedgeDoc 2.0 issue but I’m struggling to start the version on the develop branch which is the v2.0 if I understood correctly?

I’m trying to follow theses instructions for 1.x: Manual Installation - HedgeDoc
but the bin/setup is not recognized my terminal is telling me “no such a directory or file”, I guess it’s because the path is wrong? But following theses instructions I should just have to go in the project directory and run that command.

Can you give me a " Manual Installation" for the v2.0 that is on develop branch?

Thank you.

Hello, I have seen that bug from 1.x was not fixed for the v2.0 thus I thought It would be relevant since fixing it on v1.x would be the same fix for v2.0.

HD 2 is full rewrite of the software. There is nothing that can be fixed in 1.x that would carry over to 2.0

Although I would be glad to help for that HedgeDoc 2.0 issue but I’m struggling to start the version on the develop branch which is the v2.0 if I understood correctly?

Yes, develop holds the 2.0 code.

I’m trying to follow theses instructions for 1.x: Manual Installation - HedgeDoc
but the bin/setup is not recognized my terminal is telling me “no such a directory or file”, I guess it’s because the path is wrong? But following theses instructions I should just have to go in the project directory and run that command.

Can you give me a " Manual Installation" for the v2.0 that is on develop branch?

Sure thing. Have a look here

Thank you.

You’re welcome.

Hey thank you for your response I think I almost managed to run v2.0 properly but I’m still having some problems, I’m not sure but I think I managed to launch the v2.0 version with yarn start:dev (backend) and yarn start:dev:mock (frontend) separatly but when i’m trying to start both with caddy it’s not working…

I tried to install caddy with what I found on install caddy website (sorry I can’t send many links since i’m new user :confused: )
But when i’m running “run caddy” pages seems not working.

And I tried to install caddy into dev-reverse-proxy with this:

wget -O caddy https://github.com/caddyserver/ntlm-transport
chmod +x caddy
./caddy

But in my terminal I get this error when trying to execute caddy:

./caddy: 9: Syntax error: newline unexpected

Can you help me for caddy installation?

Plus…

Can I ask you where is the “synchroll.js” implementation from v1.x in v2?

Which script (.js) are executed when we load that page?
this

How can I open all “details” box in the right part of “edit-mode” I thought of using this but it seems not working or maybe i’m using it in the wrong script (.js) file:

// Get all the details elements on the page
const detailsElements = document.getElementsByTagName(‘details’);
// Loop through each details element and set the “open” attribute to true
for (let i = 0; i < detailsElements.length; i++) {
detailsElements[i].setAttribute(‘open’, true);
}

Thank you.